The wind symphony welcomes expressions of interested from advanced instrumentalist to play in the group.
We are currently needing extra clarinets, percussion, low brass and and Oboe/Cor Anglais player.
New players are welcome to put in an expression of interest to the committee at any time.
Applicants are expected to be able to play accurately, expressively their main instrument. Playing other instruments is an advantage. The ability to sight-read music should be at a high standard for the typical advanced concert band repertoire. Experience in working in a team and following a conductor is also important.
- All players are required to have a current Working With Children Check or equivalent. For further instructions on WWCC click here. If you already have one, initially, photograph both sides and email to the Personnel Manager firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All players are to read all the GWS Policies and accept them before commencing.
SUBMIT AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
- Unfortunately our on-line player database management application is broken. It is not allowing on-line expressions of interest.
- Please email an expression of interest to play in the Grainger Wind Symphony to the Secretary email@example.com
The EOI should contain
- your name,
- instruments played,
- the approximate standard of each instrument played
- contact details – email, mobile phone number
- experience in playing in ensembles (bands, orchestras) – school, community, professional
- any other information about what you would like contribute to the group.
The EOI should be received by the Secretary and relevant Section Manager will contact you to invite you to “try us out”. The first rehearsal and concert will be free of subscription fee. Beyond that the full subscription fee is expected to be paid by cash at rehearsal or via direct debit.
THE CURRENT GWS SUBSCRIPTION FEE
The GWS Subscription Fee is revised at the AGM for the following calendar year. The fees are for players and non-player members. The fees for 2023 are as follows.
- Annual subscription Full member $280
- Annual subscription Full member Concession: for full time students, Health Card holder or Senior Card holder $200
- Concert-by-Concert fee Full member $70 – after four CbC fees are paid in the calendar year, the player as paid the equivalent of the annual fee and pays no more for the remainder of the year
- Concert-by-Concert fee Full member $50 – after four CbC fees are paid in the calendar year, the player as paid the equivalent of the concession annual fee and pays no more for the remainder of the year
- Life Members are exempt of subscription fee. All committee and management pay only concession subscription fee.
To see the Section Manager contact details go back to the Players Only Page click here.
Updated by Roland Yeung 28 January 2023