The subscription fee paid by players and non-players are important to cover the costs of pay for hire of rehearsal venue, hire of percussion instruments at rehearsals, internet services, insurance, sheet music purchase and photocopying costs. The cost directly associated with concerts are covered by box office pre-concert ticket sales and participation fees.
THE CURRENT GWS SUBSCRIPTION FEE
The GWS Subscription Fee is revised at the AGM for the following calendar year. The fees are for players and non-player members. The fees for 2023 are as follows.
- Annual subscription Full member $280
- Annual subscription Full member Concession: for full time students, Health Card holder or Senior Card holder $200
- Concert-by-Concert fee Full member $70 – after four CbC fees are paid in the calendar year, the player as paid the equivalent of the annual fee and pays no more for the remainder of the year
- Concert-by-Concert fee Full member $50 – after four CbC fees are paid in the calendar year, the player as paid the equivalent of the concession annual fee and pays no more for the remainder of the year
- Life Members are exempt of subscription fee. All committee and management pay only concession subscription fee.
Any questions about fees can be directed to the Treasurer firstname.lastname@example.org