Concert 4 is 7.00pm Saturday 12 November 2016, a concert presented by Luther College and The Grainger Wind Symphony.
Venue: Chapel, Luther College, Plymouth Road, Croydon. Click here for a map
Tickets can be pre-booked at TryBooking using this link click here
The concert will include the Luther College Symphonic Band conducted by Michael Bradshaw and The Grainger Wind Symphony conducted by Roland Yeung and Shane Walterfang. Each band will perform alone, and then combined for the performance of Mekong by Robert W. Smith.
The works programmed by the GWS are as follows.
- Chaos Theory by Jim Bonney for electric guitar and wind symphony. Click here for information about Chaos Theory. Guitar soloist is Darryl Barron click here for more information about Darryl.
- Pacem: a hymn for peace by Robert Spittal click here to listen to it.
- Bushdance by Ralph Hultgren
- The Engulfed Cathedral by Claude Debussy transcribed by Merlin Patterson click here to listen to a recording, click here for program details
- Gum-suckers March by Percy Grainger.
Combined bands will perform
- Mekong by Robert W. Smith click here to listen to a recording, click here for program notes. This link will take you to the publisher’s webpage that describes Mekong by R.W. Smith, the work to be performed by the combined bands. A recording and a video of the score is available there. Click here.
Luther College Symphony Band
- Tribute by David Gorham
- Encanto by Robert W. Smith
- Spontaneous Combustion by Robert Sheldon
- March Diabolique by Brian Balmages
- On a Hymnsong of Philip Bliss by David R. Holsinger
- The Star of Dreams by Robert W. Smith.
Audio from Spotify
This link will take you to an album of recordings (by others) of works being prepared for Concert 4 White Flats. Click here.