Conducting Intensive Seminar & Workshop and Seminar 2017
- Conducting Intensive
- Public Seminar
- Conducting Workshop
- Fees and Booking
In 2017, The Grainger Wind Symphony in it’s 31st year is offering two types of public Conducting Professional Development for the learning of music teacher conductors and community band conductors. They are presented in partnership with the Australian Band and Orchestra Directors Association Victoria Branch. Click here or Click here for details about our only professional association.
All classes and workshops are in the Eastern metropolitan areas in Melbourne: Blackburn and Mont Albert North, Victoria outside of normal working hours.
For a copy of the information sheet on all three Conducting Programs Click here
For information sheet just about the Public Seminar on 28th June 2017 Click here
Conducting Intensive Program
This is a package of group conducting classes with the final session being a videoed workshop with those applying to be Full Participants conduct The Grainger Wind Symphony.
Dates and times:
- one introductory class Saturday 27th May 10am – 12noon,
- a choice of at least TWO preparatory conducting classes from the following dates:
- Saturday 3rd June 10am,
- Saturday 10th June 10am,
- Sunday 18th June 10am.
- a compulsory videoed workshop conducting The Grainger Wind Symphony 21st June 7.30pm to 10.15pm with at least 12 minutes podium time
- free entry to the Public Seminar on Wednesday 28th June at 5.00pm for 5.30pm to 6.30pm
- a review session with clinician on Saturday 1st July from 10am.
Some dates and times are negotiable.
- Clinician: Roland Yeung, Music Director and Principal Conductor of The Grainger Wind Symphony. Click here
Costs: Members of the Australian Band and Orchestra Directors Association (ABODA) have a discount, and the fee for non-ABODA members includes membership of ABODA. The details of fees are on the Tax Invoice below and on TryBooking.
Observers and Full Participants of the GWS ABODA Conducting Intensive will:
- Attend all conducting classes on repertoire selected by each participant, then
- Have free entry to the Public Seminar on Wednesday 28th June from 5.00pm.
Observers are limited to 6 and to book a place using TryBooking Click here . Bookings close on the 10th June.
Full Participants GWS ABODA Conducting Intensive will:
- Fully participate in all conducting classes on repertoire selected
- Have podium time in the videoed workshop conducting The Grainger Wind Symphony supported by their clinician
- Leave with a recording of their conducting at the end of the session,
- Have free entry to the Public Seminar on Wednesday 28th June from 5.00pm, and
- Attend a group video review after the videoed workshop.
Full participants are limited to 6.
Location: Blackburn and Mont Albert North
“Music Expression in the ensemble rehearsal” presented by Roland Yeung, music director and principal conductor of The Grainger Wind Symphony. For more details Click here
To book a place to just attend the seminar on TryBooking Click here Bookings for just the seminar closes on the 26th June 2017.
Conducting Workshop Program
This package includes a public seminar, one-on-one private conducting tutorials and public videoed conducting workshop. It is presented in one evening 5.30pm – 10.10pm on Wednesday 28th June 2017.
Full participants of the GWS ABODA Conducting Workshop will:
- Select a concert band work to conduct at the private tutorial and in the workshop,
- Provide a full set of parts and extra score of your selected work,
- Attend the public seminar (described above),
- Have light refreshments,
- Have a one-on-one private conducting tutorial with a conductor mentor,
- Have podium time in the public videoed workshop conducting The Grainger Wind Symphony supported by their mentor, and
- Leave with a recording of their conducting at the end of the session.
Full participants are limited to 8 and to book a place using TryBooking Click here. Bookings close on the 1st June or when full.
Observers of the GWS ABODA Conducting Workshop will:
- Attend the public seminar,
- Have light refreshments, and
- Observe the videoed workshop with The Grainger Wind Symphony, and a team of mentors supporting each Full Participant.
Observer numbers are not limited. To book a place using TryBooking Click here. Bookings close on the 26th June.
The public can attend just the Seminar.
For the list of Mentors for GWS ABODA Conducting One-On-One Tutorial and Video Workshop Click here
Fees and Booking
ABODA Victoria members have a discount fee for both workshops. Non-ABODA Member’s fee includes ABODA membership fee from the date of payment to March 2018.
For both the GWS ABODA Conducting Intensive and the Conducting Workshop Programs 2017, use the one Application Form, Schedule of Fees and Tax Invoice for Doc.version Click here, PDF version Click here.
For links to the TryBooking pages to pay and book your place for any of the above, Click here.
Applications for both workshops are due Friday 19th May 2017 until full participant places filled.
Seminar only attendees may book until 26th June, in time to plan catering.
Once bookings made, Roland will contact you.
Enquiries: Roland Yeung, Music Director GWS, email@example.com or 0432 445577.